Friday, October 24, 2014

Hey Russell Wilson.....We Are Always Being Tested

I think and I believe in my heart that Russell Wilson is a good man. It always seems like when you're on top there's always people trying to pull you down. If there's one thing I would say to Russell, this is what I would say. "Stay gold pony boy Stay gold". Does this sound familiar?? Everything in your life has been going great. Then all of a sudden, something bad happens. There are times during our lives that negativity tries to bring us down. I want to share what happened to me this morning. I went to grab my rain jacket that I haven't worn in a long time. I was cleaning the pockets and a pack of leftover cigarettes fell out with one still inside. For those who don't know, I quit smoking 7 months ago. You see!!! This is exactly what I am talking about. I immediately said "Devil, you're not getting me today!!!" I ran into the kitchen. I feverishly ripped up the pack and the cigarette. I tossed them into the trash. A wave of emotion came over me. It was exhilarating overcoming something that controlled and plagued me for years. I wanted to share this story with you because it's proof that, we can overcome the negativity that comes in our lives from time to time. We just need to believe that we have it in ourselves to prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment